If you don't seem to be receiving desktop notifications for new activity in your Textline account, here are a few things to check:
1) Make sure that your personal profile is set up correctly
To get to your profile from a desktop: Gear icon > My Profile
To get to your profile from mobile: main Conversation List screen > Menu icon (3 lines) > My Profile
- Make sure you have Desktop Notifications checked in the Notify me of new messages via section
- Remember to Save Changes if you’ve made any edits
2) Make sure you are set to Available, as setting yourself to Away will mute all Notifications
To update your status from a desktop: Gear icon > toggle Available/Away
To update your status from mobile: main Conversation List screen > Menu icon (3 lines) > toggle Available/Away
3) Make sure you have Textline open in a window somewhere on your computer
Desktop notifications will not trigger if the Dashboard isn’t open. Minimized is fine!
4) Check your browser’s settings to make sure you’ve allowed notifications from Textline
This will vary between computers and browsers, but can often be found under Settings, Preferences, or something similar.
Contact us at (415) 849-4349 or email@example.com if desktop notifications are still not functioning properly.