Generally, the time between when a message is sent and when it’s received should be a matter of seconds or less. However, due to the variability in your recipients’ carriers, their current service coverage, etc., there can very occasionally be longer delays. Usually, this is a one-off issue.
If you’re running into latency of more than a minute between when a message is sent / received (either to or from your Textline account), here are a few things to try:
Log out of Textline, restart your browser, and log back in
If possible, try sending / receiving a few more messages to or from the number on which you saw the latency, to help determine whether it was a one-time lapse in service or a continuous issue
- Try sending / receiving test messages to or from one or more different phone numbers, to help determine whether this is an issue with a single phone line or a larger issue
If you’re continuing to see latency, please contact us with the following information and we’ll take a look into it!
- Your Textline phone number that’s experiencing the issue (if you’re not texting us through your account already)
- The recipients’ phone number/s that are experiencing the lag
- The text of at least one message that experienced the lag
- The approximate time between when the message was sent/received (time stamps are handy for this)
You can reach us at (415) 849-4349 or firstname.lastname@example.org